Past and recent projects carried out by the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters
Achievement from May 29th till date.
- Approved the continuation of the partnership arrangement of the Local Government Areas in the State with the First Technical University, Ibadan. This has ensured the sponsorship of 5 indigents and brilliant students in each council for 2019/2020 academic programme, to make a total of 165 students being sponsored to the University for the current academic session;
- Facilitated the take-off of Free Basic Medical Mission in all the Local Governments in the State;
- Facilitating the procurement of Pick-up van for the Thirty-three (33) LGs for security purpose;
- Payment of salaries of LG staff on or before 25th day of the month;
- The incessant rivalries / crises between the leaders of Agbeni/Ogunpa market occasioned by contestable succession of the new leaders, was put to an end, courtesy of His Excellency’s intervention. This has helped in improving peace and tranquility in the market;
- During the period under review, the Ministry generated income to Government’s purse through application from legal firms and general public for Certify True Copy (CTC) of relevant Chieftaincy’s document;
- Approved the Enumeration Area Demarcation programme organized by the National Population Commission, in Ogbomoso North for proper population record and ensuring the equitable redistribution of resources;
- Monthly release of operations fund for each LGA/LCDA for the smooth running of administration of their various councils in the absence of the Local Government Political appointees;
- During the period under consideration, the Chieftaincy Department of the Ministry Processed and secured Approval of His Excellency, the Governor for the request of Olubadan–Advisory–Council in respect of Appointment of new Iyalode of Ibadanland. The vacancies in the rungs of the ladder of Balogun line of the Olubadan of Ibadanland Chieftaincy were also filled through promotion approved for the Ministry by His Excellency, Governor Seyi Makinde. The appointment of new Okere of Saki was secured by the Ministry during the period under consideration. His Excellency, the Governor graciously approve the Appointment of new Alamodu of Ago-Amodu during the period under review;
- In line with the judgment of High Cout of Justice of 5th October, 2018 and the Ministry of Justice’s legal advise, the Ministry secured the approval of His Excellency, the Governor for re-installment of Onilala/Baale of Lanlate, Ibarapa North East Local Council Devt. Area;
- During the period under consideration the Ministry convened peace meeting of Traditional Rulers of both Irawo Town and Irawo-Owode and their Community Members. The meeting averted repeat, of the ugly bloodletting incident of the Year, 2003 that irrupted from Chieftaincy dispute in the Locality;
- The Ministry also convened all-inclusive-peace meeting with aggrieved party and Alawaye of Awaye, Iseyin Local Government Area on the illegal Seal-off of Alawaye’s Palace by the aggrieved party.